Friday, July 9, 2010

The coolest job in the world and the BP oil spill.

*snore**wakes up suddenly* GET AWAY!!! Ahem. Yes. Not really. Please stay.

Hi, everyone! I just realized that this week has been really fun/horrible. Today I went to work at the museum. I may not have told you last blog, but this week I have been working in a Harry Potter class. The kids are ages 6 and 7... They are so cute! But they go to prove that looks can be decieving... This week we had a particularly large amount of kids with short attention spans. And one of them had ADHD. Now, don't get me wrong, I totally understand that ADHD is a disorder (hence the last D) that the kids can't control, so I get why they act out. I just wish they would do it in a less painful way... One kid (we shall call him Peeves since I worked in the Potter camp this week and because Peeves is a seriously deranged/mischievious poltergeist...polterghost? Poltergoose?) was apparently between his prescription medicines, because every day of the camp he just kept acting worse and worse until finally, on the last day, I wanted to stuff him in The Box. For those of you who don't know, The Box is where I send all of the Hell Children to (in my head, of course. Stuffing real children into a box could get me fired). Anyway, on the first day, Peeves decided that it would be fun to scream everything he said at the top of his lungs. The second day, he decided that it would be fun to run around the classroom and annoy me by stealing all of our supplies. Day Three: Peeves gets peeved at everyone for supposedly hitting his wizard hat and causing the delicatedly hot-glued jewels that graced the hat (that was sarcasm) to go "flying across the room". How did he solve this problem? He would kick and/or punch them. I was then sent to break up the fights... I got kicked. Multiple times.
Okay, now that I have gotten the complaining out of the way, I would like you to know that I actually really love my job. I mean, where else would I be able to dress up like a wizard, fully equipt with wand and cloak? Not at McDonald's, that's for sure. No disrespect, McDonald's... That is why I have the best job in the world. Oh, and we get pizza and ice cream. That's cool too.

Now, onto a serious subject: The BP oil spill.
It annoys me. A lot. This is THE BIGGEST environmental disaster in the U.S. ever. Way to go, BP! Snaps for you! No. No snaps for you, BP. I take them back. First of all, I think the Russians have something to do with this. I mean, Russia has beens sending over spies to find out stuff in the CIA. Why not BP? I believe the Russians were in charge of driving...erm...sailing a boat to where ever they were going when they decided that the good people on The Coast needed to be punished (KNEEL!). So they decided to drop a tiny bomb (cleverly/conveniently disguised as an iPod so that some of the blame may be sent to Steve Jobs if the iEvidence were to be discovered) into the water directly above the BP pipes. Obviously, the pipe bursted open, sending tons of oil cascading into the pleasant, murky water of the Gulf. I have come up with a few ideas of how to get rid of all of the oil and/or stop all of the oil from escaping from the pipeline.

1) We get a whole bunch of Sham-Wows and throw them into the Gulf. After all of the water has been soaked up by the wonderful Sham-Wow, we send in Peeves and a whole bunch of other small children to go clean up all of the oil. We then return all of the water to it's proper place.
2) To stop the leak, we will have to get it into more shallow water. I propose that we simply move the pipeline to another place. Now, you may say "Kelsey, you can't just push a pipeline somewhere else! It doesn't work that way!". Well, naive reader, my response is "Yes. We. Can! If Patrick (from SpongeBob) can do it, we can too! I mean, I'm pretty sure that we are more intelligent than a bunch of sea critters."
3) Throw a bunch of iron into the ocean. There was this politician in Washington DC, when my class and I were there, who said that doing that would get rid of global warming permanantly. That is also why I don't like politicians.

Alright, the last suggestion kinda sucked, but the other two were really good. Admit it. Ha...

Peace out, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment