Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Elephants and the reason I need to get a life.

Holler, homes.

That was me being ghetto fabulous. I am so white... Heh heh.

Anyway, today at work (I work at a science museum during the summer) I started thinking about a predicament a few of my friends and I were in a few weeks ago while working. We were working at the Africa touch cart -a touch cart is a random cart filled with random things that have to do with the topic of the cart. The Africa cart has animal pelts, skulls, etc. from Africa. What was I saying? Oh, right. We were working at the Africa cart when a kid who looked to be about 9 years old came over to us and wanted to know about some of the stuff we had out on the table. If I remember, we had out the leopard and cheetah skins, a lion skull, an elephant tooth, and....a box of dried elephant poop. The kid pointed to the box filled with elephant poop and wanted to know what it was. Our usually M.O. for handling the elephant poop is that we get the kid to touch it before we tell them what it is, because they always freak out when they realized what they had just touched. It's really funny. So, one of my friends and I picked up the box and both of us reached to lift off the lid to the box. Unfortunately, we were a bit to enthusiastic and we opened the top too roughly...which sent the contents soaring through the air and landing on none other than our little 9-year-old guest. Being the horrible people we are, we began to laugh uncontrollably (not to worry, the little child was fine. He even began laughing once the initial shock of being pelted with elephant crap was finished). Obviously, we had to clean it up and appologize to both the child and his mother... His mom wasn't very pleased... Yes. So that's the story.

For the past 3 weeks (before I started working again) I had been milling about the house looking for something productive to do. I finally stumbled across the perfect activity: Playing Nancy Drew computer games and reading random books that happen to be lying around. I found a box of all of my computer games on my desk and looked through them. I realized that I have 21 Nancy Drew computer games... I have won all of them. I actually finished 3 this week. I really need to get a life. But, you can't really blame me; those games are totally addicting! I figure that if I don't become a doctor/record producer, I can become a private investigator. Because I am a beast at those games. The mysteries are always really bizarre. Like figuring out where a missing groom went before his wedding (he had been kidnapped by a crazy old woman who lived in a creepy hut in the middle of a bog ; he was then locked in an underground laboratory with a rocket), or going undercover to find a sabteur called The Black Cat (it was a loner at a girl school who was obsessed with Edgar Allan Poe). Yes... This is my life. I have also finised 4 books within the last 2 weeks: Gone (that's an accomplishment, it's a huge book), Devoured (that was pretty epic), Zombies for Zombies (...), and Hot Gimmick (not really a book...more of a manga). Oh, I have also been playing SpongeBob SquarePants songs on my guitar. You know you're impressed.

Sorry, this one sucked. I am half asleep. Actually, more like 79% asleep, but who's counting?

I bid you adeiu. Sorry, I don't know how to spell that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment